photo sparkleheader_zps38652402.png

Saturday 14 December 2013

Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette










So my wait for the highly anticipated Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette is finally over. After pre-ordering it from Look-Fantastic I wasn't expecting to lay eyes on this beauty till at least next week, so im sure you can imagine my suprise when the courier knocked on the door yesterday clutching my precious new palette (perhaps the first time I have ever been pleased to see a Yodel Driver, but thats another story). After scribbling in my signature I practically leapt for the box and excitedly ran to my room (how ridiculous am I?). 

First impressions?! Went a little along the lines of 'wow, omg, so pretty', I kid I kid, but in all seriousness this really is a beautiful palette. Personally I think that Urban Decay have totally outdone themselves this time, so much so that I can guarantee that it will sell out like hot cakes (its already out of stock till January on Look-Fantastic). Packaging wise, I am thrilled to see something a little more sturdier than the original Naked Palette (it really does take a battering). Much like the second palette it comes in a beautiful metal rose gold pencil case tin (in comparison to the first, it really is a lot sleeker). 

Like all Urban Decay Palettes the shadows are seriously pigmented and buttery soft. The Naked 3 contains a mixture of mattes, satins and shimmers, in gorgeous rose gold nudes, creams, and deep plum shades. My favourites would have to be Blackheart a smokey black/plum, Buzz a shimmery rose, and Burnout a pale peachy pink. I love how versatile the palette is with shades suitable for everyday looks, thanks to a range of subtle rose golds, whilst also containing fabulous smokey shades perfect for any night out. 

So the palette includes 12 shades: Strange | neutral matte pink ... Dust | shimmery pale pink ... Burnout | Pale peachy pink ... Limit | Matte dusty rose pink ... Buzz | Shimmery Rose ... Trick | Metallic coppery pink ... Nooner | Pinky Brown matte ... Liar | Metallic Mauve Shimmer ... Factory | Satin pinky brown ... Mugshot | Taupe shimmer ... Darkside | Satin Taupe-y mauve ... Blackheart | Smokey Plum 

Shadows aside, the palette also includes a seriously soft double ended Urban Decay brush, and a weeks worth of Urban Decay's Eye Primers. The Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette is £37 and can be purchased from the likes of Debenhams (as of 16th) , House Of Fraser (Online now) and Look-Fantastic (Currently out of stock). 
What are your thoughts on the Naked 3 Palette?! 

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

13 comments:

  1. Fab review Soph! So jealous hehe, would love to see some makeup looks including these shades :) xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks lovely .. will definitely get onto it!! :) xx

      Delete
  2. Ah it's a really gorgeous palette! I definitely will have to buy it in the new year xx
    Gemma xx
    Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its beautiful!! definitely worth a purchase ;) haha xx

      Delete
  3. I was about to buy this for myself the other day, but my mother told me I should wait until Christmas...guess I know what I got for Christmas haha!
    Thanks for the pics and info!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooo how exciting!! .. your welcome, I hope it was useful :) xx

      Delete
  4. This looks really pretty, if I wore eyeshadow more often I'd be snapping one up for myself!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh I can't wait to get mine! Great review! I love all of the colors, they're so pretty! :)

    Neya | www.neyavbeautytalk.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you will love it, im sure :) aww thank you, im glad you liked it!! very pretty shades xx

      Delete